Thursday, August 28, 2014

Breakfast Quesadilla


This is a quickie, but it's a goodie. I''ve been thinking of ways to expand my breakfast repertoire.

I'm on maternity leave now, so I have more time to make a sit down meal. Of course if I woke up even earlier, I would always have time to sit and eat, but let's be realistic.

I need handheld food.

I need things I can heat and eat in the car. I have to get my third grader to school on time and now that we've added the baby's needs to the morning mix, momma has to be creative.

So! This morning I was thinking, how can I get my faves to travel well?

Answer: Quesadilla. It's what's for breakfast.

Cheese holds the contents together. Insert, eggs and whatever else tickles your tastebuds.

For this 8-inch tortilla, I used 2 eggs, one half avocado, a sprinkling of shredded cheddar and 3 heaping tablespoons of salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment